Are you looking to increase your employee productivity? Here are a few key strategies on how you can utilize technology to do just that!
1. Create an open and communicative environment. By centrally locating the performance appraisal information within a formal online framework, managers can more easily communicate business strategy and create measurable goals for their employees that will support overall company objectives. It also allows for greater visibility, thereby allowing employees to see the whole picture and understand better how individual goals fit into the company’s business objectives. This creates energized and engaged employees, thereby raising the business productivity of the company.
2. Connect teams virtually within the company. Create employee portals and team sites to help people work productively across the organization, no matter what location or team. You will eliminate “corporate silos” that effectively cut off communication because employees can utilize technology to reach out to others working on similar projects or find experts to answer their questions throughout the organization.
3. Motivate your employees using technology. Based upon the information gathered in an online performance evaluation, managers can compare current skills with those required for advancement or other recognition or reward opportunities that present themselves as the manager tracks progress on employee goals throughout the year. You may also find you need to redirect employees to different departments if you feel their business productivity could increase elsewhere. If there are impediments to better performance, the company should review why it is happening and try to eliminate these through better allocation of resources or additional training.
4. Monitor business productivity and employee progress on goals. Online business productivity software solutions enable managers to more easily track progress during every phase of goal completion and offer immediate reinforcement or coaching to keep performance and deadlines on track. This process leads to greater business productivity because your organization is staffed with a workforce of people who are continually learning new skills and being challenged to do their very best. When it comes to the people who work for you, alert, motivated, and happy employees will work harder. Encourage your staff by rewarding them for their successes, using both monetary and non-monetary incentives.
5. Analyze performance – Today’s technology provides advanced reporting and business analysis capability to help you gain a deep understanding of business performance, customer preferences, and market trends. And, your executives and business managers can access performance metrics and analytical reports and use this information to work together to set or redesign strategy.